How To Apply Stickers Easily?
There are some ways in which you can apply your sticker to a wall or any other surface in order to make them last longer. Once you get your stickers printed, it is always better to talk to your sticker printer company and find out how to maintain them. The first rule however is to stick them properly. When it comes to stickers, well stuck is half maintained. Keep in mind that sticker application will vary depending on the type of sticker.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED
- A credit card or any other plastic card of some sort
- A pair of scissors
- Cleaning Liquid
- Masking tape
- Long ruler
- First, clean the surface on which you are going to stick the decal or sticker by washing it with cleaning solution and wiping it with a slightly damp cloth. Lack of dirt makes the sticker or decal stick quickly and also makes it last longer. Make sure you let the surface dry completely before you apply the sticker or decal.
- Once the surface is dry, take your sticker and place it on the surface making sure that when you paste it there, you will like it. Pay attention to the space you leave around the decal or sticker. Use a ruler if you are not sure about the exact position of the decal or sticker. Keep in mind that the more time you take to stick it, the happier you will be with the final result.
- If you are happy with your position, remove the peel off exposing the side coated with adhesive and apply the sticker slowly and carefully.
- After this, use your credit card to press down on the sticker from end to end to make sure it really sticks to the wall. Leave it undisturbed for 10 – 15 minutes. If this is an old fashioned sticker, this is your last step.
- However, if yours is a decal, there will most likely be a top layer on the printed side that you will have to slowly peel off now. Peel off from an easy corner and ensure that the print is stuck on the wall. It is better to start from the top and make your way to the bottom. Do not rush through this step. This top layer could be transparent or white. Once you peel this off, your job is done and your wall will look amazing.
If your wall has just been painted, it is better to wait for at least a couple of weeks before you apply a sticker on it. Wait for three to four weeks if the other side of the wall is outdoors.
Good news is that these stickers are usually not that big and can be stuck quite easily.
- As a rule of thumb, the first step is to clean the surface on which you are going to apply the sticker with a cleaning solution or soap water and a damp cloth. Once it is clean, wipe with a damp cloth. Let it dry completely.
- Take the sticker and position it to see if it is how you want it to appear.
- Once you are happy with it, peel of the back layer that has the adhesive and carefully place the sticker on the surface.
- Use the edge of a credit card to rub the sticker from end to end to make sure it sticks on completely. Leave it on for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Now, slowly peel off the layer on top of your sticker to reveal the design that you want. Do not hurry through this step.
Since your car is probably going to be outdoors, try to ensure that no dust particles get on the surface after you have cleaned it. The sticker or decal will not stick on completely if there is too much dust and dirt.
DOOR/WINDOW DISPLAY STICKERS
These stickers are usually large. But sticking them is not much different from sticking other kinds of stickers.
- Once you have cleaned the surface, let it dry completely.
- There are three layers to your sticker or decal. The back layer that is peeled off to reveal the side with the adhesive, the printed layer which is the layer with the design on it and the top layer. Identify them correctly.
- Place the sticker in the position that you want to stick it in. Have someone hold the ends or use masking tape to tape the four corners. If the sticker is particularly large, stick the tape right down the middle either horizontally or vertically. Let us assume that you have split the decal horizontally into half. Make sure your sticker or decal is in the exact position you want it to be in.
- Now, remove the masking tape from the top two corners. Now slowly pull the top two layers away from the surface separating them from the back layer. Do this slowly until you reach the horizontal halfway mark. Then cut the back layer off with a pair of scissors.
- Now paste the side with the adhesive onto the surface and use the edge of a credit card to press down on the top half of the decal with no back layer. This will ensure that the sticker sticks on perfectly. Leave it on for 10 minutes at least.
- Now, repeat steps 4 and 5 after removing the tape from the bottom two corners. Make sure you remove the mask tape from the middle before you cut off the back layer.
- After leaving it undisturbed for 10 minutes, slowly peel off the top layer to reveal your design. Take your time and peel it off slowly.
And, sometimes you may get more than one sticker or decal on the same sheet. Unless you are sticking them all together, it is better to separate them so that you can position each of them in a specific way that you want to.